TL;DR - Full stack idiot.
I work on the intersection of human behaviour, systems dynamics and education.
As of June 2023, I divide my time across these activities -
Current Hobby Project
- I am making a search engine of sorts called Sniffer Doc.
- I work as a consultant for education planning and data management with a UNICEF state office in India. I provide assistance to the government in overhauling their data processes, establishing a clear data strategy and developing reporting and visualisation platforms. My work is divided between creating and running new stuff, and building state capacity.
- I worked as a consultant with an education consultancy group. We work across India with many governmental agencies and NGOs. The focus of our work has been on socio-economically disadvantaged learning environments.
- I worked as a freelance consultant offering services in data analysis, workshop facilitation and Ed-Tech. I have done some work in the gender and sexuality space as well.
- I hack together small projects like Deadline, Chachi.app and Buzo.xyz to learn new technologies and create proof of concept experiments.
- Lately I have been creating CSV data dumps out of PDF publications about India’s education sector. You can see them under all my projects on the front page.
- I do an above-average amount of reading and watching. This information gets turned into Book Notes, Distilled Knowledge, or a blog/newsletter post.
- I started a new project called XYZ Explained where I provide short explainers on topics picked from my bizarre interests. These (hopefully) will include song lyrics, technology architecture and internet sub-cultures among others.
- I write rants on this blog. Mostly about education in India.
- I write on my newsletter over here. Mostly about questions that I am presently struggling with.
These days I am trying to stay on top of my work while managing to reduce my screen time, read more classic books, and get some exercise in.
I exist on the internet as thatgurjot.
So it goes.
Last modified: Jun 05, 2023